When we were researching how best Lextel could serve the legal market, our first thoughts were not around what law firms needed but what their clients were asking for.
As legal editors, we had spent many years creating content for and about the buyers of legal services so we consulted with in-house counsel as well as law firm marketing teams in the UK, US, Singapore, Ireland, France, Australia and Hong Kong.
While speaking to law firms was very helpful in identifying how Lextel might assist them, it was our discussions with banking and corporate counsel that made it clear there was a major gap between what clients wanted in terms of insights and thought leadership and what was being offered to them.
As one UK law firm marketing director said there was a disconnect between what clients perceived as valuable and what law firms were producing.
- Firms were only likely to give insights which assisted clients when that was part of formal advice.
- There was little attempt to provide sector-focused and tailored content.
- And firms were missing out on the opportunity to demonstrate how they were adapting to the changing demand for their services in terms of innovation or diversity.
On the law firm side, marketing and BD teams were struggling to get lawyers to engage with clients through content and to get data on what was working. If the latter was not there, the former was harder to change.
We thank firms for their feedback. Lextel has been created not only to help firms deepen their relationships with clients and prospects but also to help firms work more collaboratively so that partners, associates, business development and Marcomms teams benefit from a diverse and complementary skillset in driving their client relationship development.
The Benefits of Working With Us
Access to specialist advice
Fixed fee arrangements
We provide fixed not hourly rates so that you know what your spend will be and we work to deliver on agreed performance indicators without incurring additional charges.
Save time and resources
Avoid ‘spray and pray’ marketing
We undertake research with target clients to ensure that your team is addressing the current challenges of clients and prospects and delivering content which builds new relationships.
Motivate your teams
Track your return on investment
Would you like a free consultation to discuss your project in confidence?
Combining legal industry expertise with digital marketing specialists, our team brings a data-driven approach to legal marketing and business development.
- BA Hons International and Political Studies (Coventry University)
- International Student Exchange (Rowan College of New Jersey, US)
- The Frank Denning Memorial Award (University of Vienna, Austria)
T: 44 20 7193 7248
- Maîtrise (LLM) in French Law (Université de Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne))
- LLB Hons (King’s College London)
- MA Historical Research (Birkbeck College, London)
- BA First Class Hons Modern History (Oxford University)
T: 44 20 7193 0781
LEAD EDITOR, APAC
Jess has particular expertise in the Asia-Pacific market. She helped with the launch of the Asia outfit of Law.com in 2011 and prior to that wrote for Asian Legal Business. Jess went in-house in 2014 and spent seven years working with Herbert Smith Freehills, K&L Gates and NRF.
Her key strengths are around crisis management, developing regional communication plans, and devising and executing major regional campaigns by marrying business and marketing objectives and ensuring results are measured and optimised. Jess has significant experience and demonstrable success in building infrastructures and best practices for legal directories, award submissions and social media engagement. At the firms where she worked, she secured numerous coveted industry awards, new directory rankings and promotions, and media coverage. She delivers training on media engagement, social media and submissions.
Jess has worked in Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and the UK.
- BA Journalism and Public Relations (Murdoch University, Australia)
- Diploma, Law and Management (Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore)
LEAD EDITOR, NORTH AMERICA
- MA Program English Literature (Hunter College, New York)
- BS English Literature (SUNY College at Oneonta)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Before joining Lextel, Mak worked on content marketing campaigns for blue chip corporates including Siemens, HERE, Mastercard, Deutsche Telekom, EY, Novo Nordisk and Nokia. He brings a wealth of best practices and digital marketing skills to the legal sector including inbound marketing skills, social media expertise and the use of data analytics, tools which companies routinely employ in their client relationship management.
At Lextel, Mak assists law firms to deliver their business development goals through account-based marketing and thought leadership campaigns.
PARTNER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Having started his career at Baker McKenzie, Willem has since held a number of leadership roles at UBM, Autonomy, Hewlett Packard and Oracle. He holds a Master’s Degree in Economics from the University of Amsterdam, and speaks Dutch, English, German and Spanish.
At Lextel, Willem leads the business development team working with client law firms to blend content and technology to deliver their business goals.
T: +44 7576 675766
LEAD EDITOR, AUSTRALASIA
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) – Diploma in Professional Marketing
- Chartered Institute of Insurance (CII) – Certificate in Insurance and Certificate in London Market Insurance
- Certificate IV Business Management
EVENTS DIRECTOR, EMEA
- Bachelor of Arts – Sydney University (Major- Japanese, Fine Arts; Sub- Psychology)
ASSOCIATE PARTNER, NORTH AMERICA
- BA Hons Law, Modern Languages (French and Russian) (University of Cambridge)
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
Rachel uses HubSpot to create inbound marketing campaigns across different platforms delivering high-quality content through automated workflows. She advises firms on how to use technology to improve their marketing returns and how to implement data-driven strategies to provide measurable results.
LEAD EDITOR, EMEA & LATIN AMERICA
ASSOCIATE PARTNER, EMEA
- BA History (University of Southampton)
LEAD EDITOR, EMEA & LATIN AMERICA
Andrew is part of the corporate finance team at Lextel advising law firms on submissions and producing content on M&A, project finance, acquisition finance, pensions and capital markets. He speaks English and Portuguese.
ASSOCIATE PARTNER, EMEA
Alfred has a strong track record in developing and implementing ambitious, creative and innovative strategies to enhance success in the market. His programmes have won numerous awards, among those International Tax Review’s Client Connection Award and Best Use of the Internet. At EY he created Tax Insights for Business Leaders, a successful web-portal and a supplement to the Financial Times. He advises law firms on communications and business development working with Lextel’s editorial team to implement new strategies.
- Alfred holds a PhD from the University of Hamburg.
LEAD EDITOR, LATIN AMERICA
- BA Hons Modern History and Politics (University of Hull)
LEAD EDITOR, APAC
Justin has been working with the legal profession for two decades. As a journalist, Justin was a forceful advocate for practitioners in his native Australia before he moved into a legal consultancy role in 2015. There Justin won and led multiple mandates for law firms around Australian market entry, communications strategies, senior partner search, and law firm mergers.
He is a sought after speaker at industry events and has been a regular writer in The Australian and The Australian Financial Review. He has also published surveys and analysis that featured international legal leaders and the leading law firms in Australia and abroad. Justin joined Lextel in 2020 as a lead editor for the Asia-Pacific region.
- English Language (London Study Centre)
- BA Hons English Literature (Atomi University, Saitama)
GRAPHIC DESIGN AND ART DIRECTOR